Edgetech Industries provides niobium rolling products with thickness 0.03mm to 10mm, including plate (board), sheet, foil, strip & and ribbon.
Niobium is a chemical element with the symbol Nb and atomic number 41. It is a soft, grey, ductile transition metal. It has physical and chemical properties similar to the element tantalum, and the two are therefore difficult to distinguish.
Nb is used in various superconducting materials. These superconducting alloys, also containing titanium and tin, are widely used in the superconducting magnets of MRI scanners. Other applications of Nb include welding, nuclear industries, electronics, optics, numismatics, and jewelry. In the last two applications, the low toxicity and iridescence produced by anodization are highly desired properties.
Specifications for our Nb plates
Material: R04200-1, R04210-2, 99.9% pure
Specification: As per ASTM B393-05
|Item||Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Inquiry|
Standard Specification ASTM B 393-05 for niobium and its alloy plate, ribbon, strip, foil, sheet.
This specification covers five grades as follows:
1. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R04200 -Type 1, Reactor grade unalloyed niobium;
2. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R04210 -Type 2, Commercial grade unalloyed niobium;
3. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R04251 -Type 3, Reactor grade niobium alloy containing 1% zirconium;
4. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R04261 -Type 4, Commercial grade niobium alloy containing 1% zirconium;
5. ASTM B 393-05 UNS R0xxxx -Type 5, Residual Resistivity Ratio(RRR) grade pure niobium.
RRR values: guaranteed min. RRR 260 *,
* The Residual Resistivity Ratio RRR is defined as the ratio of electrical resistivity at 295K to electrical resistivity at 4,2K.